Sunday, November 27, 2022

Quick blog status update

Hello to my 2.7 blogulus consumers;

I promise this blog is not dead, guaranteed simply because this project is not at all dead! I have been working on it pretty consistently in my free time, especially as my other major project (the soundtrack for the wonderful story Proxima: A Human Exploration of Mars) winds to a close. I've been consistently generating more ideas, some sketches, and even music for the story, I've just been increasingly busy as the end of the semester rolls around. How on earth do I have less than two full weeks of classes left??

I'd been hoping to smash the October cadence out of the water and we were certainly on track to meet that in the first few weeks of November, but I've definitely fallen behind mainly due to an overwhelming preoccupation with all of everything.

I've also backed myself into something of a corner with regards to plot - I've been trying to structure the blog such that the main plot posts come out fairly regularly, and accompanying content only arrives once the relevant plot segment has already been posted. However, the few of you who are reading this have likely already heard some of my assorted rambles explaining the general story anyway, so it's not really a matter of spoilers if I post somewhat asynchronously. I do want to work through my plot backlog so I can get into a more organic live-posting mode again, but since the main purpose of this blog is to share assorted content and archive the process, I'm going to throw chronology out the window a little bit.

Now, I'm currently out of town visiting family for Thanksgiving, and I need to be physically back on campus for a meeting in less than twelve hours.... I do actually have a quick art sketch and accompanying plot info in the chamber ready to go, but beyond that I have two quizzes, a report, and an exam all due in the same class this upcoming week, plus two design review final presentations. Suffice to say the business isn't going away.

What I may do is try and operate the blog on a schedule - posting once every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday would make for a pretty solid cadence, and would probably be healthy in general as an exercise in time management and making room for the stuff that matters (which is a skill I would do well to internalize for other important things in my life).

I'm very sleepy now, so I'll go ahead and set that as an operational target. Keep your peepers peeled for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment