Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Quick art: Interworld Liner Revision

 Hey so! I colored the doodle of the artificial gravity liner and fleshed out some details, trying to keep a similar design language to the original version.


Important features to carry over were the smooth brown-colored body panels with dark grey accents, plus gilded art deco highlight pinstripes. Additionally, the gold/copper reflective window visors (inspired by astronaut helmets) were a must, especially for that big panoramic gallery amidships. I also wanted to include some truss elements, and I'm pretty proud of the placement along the backbone. That structure would be handling much of the compressive load on the vehicle.

Compare the original design:

Much more of a conventional spaceship, which admittedly lent more freedom; however, I think the new design being function-driven gives it the unique touch I was looking for, and I'm happy with the end result. I do miss that solar fan, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment